Party Hard has some new DLC, new Twitch integration features, and an iOS and Google Play builds coming out tomorrow. This is great news for those who have played through the main game and are looking for a bit more out of the excellent, quirky, slasher game.
The new story DLC, High Crimes, takes place 10 years after the main game and features a new mini-story campaign with large, scrolling levels.
Updates to the main game include local co-op, a new original sound tack that’s Youtube-safe, and a new Twitch system.
The new Twitch system allows Twitch chat users to control NPCs during the game. Users can earn points to perform different actions from the following list:
- 1 / 2 / 3 – enables voting on Twitch Events, users earn +5 points for every vote
- say – allows users to say things within the game, costs -30 points
- get badge [badge number] – get a badge next to their username in the in-game UI. Users can choose which badge they’d like, for example “Get Badge 12” will grant them badge number 12.
- points – shows a user their points balance
- getchar – take control of an NPC on-screen (costs -50 points), you will then be able to give them the following commands:
- kill – attempt to kill the player (costs -300 points)
- pick [coordinate number] – allows the NPCs to pick up points scattered through the level, for example there might be a coin on “p123”, meaning the full command to pick that up is “pick p123”
- move [coordinate number] – move to a point on the map, same as pick
- killrandom – kill a random NPC on-screen (costs -50)
- follow – follow the player (-50)
- bribe – bribe the cops to go away, After every successful bribe, the minimum amount will grow
The game, while twisted, is an excellent time. I’m looking forward to giving the new additions a try.