Steve Jackon’s classic wargame, OGRE, comes to Steam on October 5, 2017 courtesy of Auroch Digital. Here’s a bit of information about the game they sent over.
- Meticulously Crafted Adaptation of the Original Game: Ogre veterans will instantly be at home with this adaptation, while new players will find a deeply rewarding, turn-based strategy game.
- Time-Tested, Compelling Gameplay: The Ogre tabletop game has withstood the test of time and captivated gamers for over forty years – this is the definitive digital edition.
- Loads of Units and Factions to Choose From: Build out your faction with Light, Heavy, Superheavy, and Missile Tanks, G.E.V.s, Infantry, Marines, Howitzers, and Ogres (Mark I – Mark VI), while utilizing Trains and Command Posts as you see fit. Choose to play as either the North American Combine or the Paneuropean Federation.
- Varied Maps Offer Strategic Decisions: Roll through many terrain types, across bodies of water, and make use of defensive areas to shield your units from attack.
- Play Again and Again: Multiple game modes (including single player and multiplayer) plus achievements provide hundreds of hours of entertainment.
- Tutorial: Completely new to the world of Ogre? Learn to play with our in-depth tutorial.
- Campaign: Engage in brand-new missions created in partnership with Steve Jackson Games.
- Single Player Skirmish: Set up a custom game of Ogre and fight against devious AI opponents.
- Multiplayer: Test your skill against other players with online turn-based multiplayer gameplay with ranking and matchmaking, plus local “hotseat” multiplayer.
This is exciting news for fans of the game! Below are some shots of the game, which are looking pretty slick!
Media personality Rob Kalajian has been a staple in the board game world for many years. As a former writer for Purple Pawn and the owner of A Pawn’s Perspective, Rob focuses on board game reviews, events, and news. A self-proclaimed geek, Rob loves all things toys and games and even helps raise his four kids in his spare time.
Buy me a Tea