“I created The Thoughtful Gamer to provide a high-quality board game reviews, strategy guides, and discussion about board game culture. Soon after beginning I started a bi-weekly podcast. Then I expanded that to include off-week podcast features. Now I even stream games occasionally, and I’m in the process of dipping my toes into the world of video reviews and how to play videos.”
Board Game Podcasts, Reviews, and Commentary
$2, $5, $20
- Access to a private Discord server to chat with other supporters
- Access to a live stream of all main podcast recordings
- Monthly newsletter exclusive to patreon supporters. I’ll post some film reviews, talk about what books I’ve been reading, and whatever else I’ve found interesting over the last 30 days.
- Entry into our quarterly competitions (monthly if we hit the $500 goal!)
- First access to my “sale list”. You can claim whatever games you want from the list of games I want to get rid of. Pay only the cost of shipping.
- Access to the giant spreadsheet that the Thoughtful Gamer crew has been using for years to track our game ratings (and other random statistics)
- Your name (or pseudonym of choice) listed on thethoughtfulgamer.com as a supporter
- Designer Diary early access. See what changes, updates, and conundrums I’ve encountered in my various game design projects before anyone else.
- Access to the Master Folder where all of the secrets are kept (okay, not that many secrets). See my half-completed articles, notes from podcasts, and spy on what I’m working on currently
- A “produced by” credit on all Thoughtful Gamer videos
- A verbal “produced by” credit and custom shout out of your choice (within reason) on a podcast episode
- (After 6 months support on this tier) The opportunity to join in. Play your favorite game with Marc on stream, be a guest on the podcast–pitch me your idea and we’ll work together to make it happen
Patreon Spotlight features a new Content Creator’s Patreon every week! You can also help support A Pawn’s Perspective through our own Patreon at http://patreon.com/pawnsperspective.
Media personality Rob Kalajian has been a staple in the board game world for many years. As a former writer for Purple Pawn and the owner of A Pawn’s Perspective, Rob focuses on board game reviews, events, and news. A self-proclaimed geek, Rob loves all things toys and games and even helps raise his four kids in his spare time.