One Gamer Fund, a newly revealed initiative dedicated to supporting AbleGamers, Child’s Play, Games for Change, Global Game Jam, IGDA Foundation, Stack-Up and Take This, will unite the industry this weekend in the name of fun and giving back.
One Gamer Fund will raise funds with several of its own campaings and share the between the supported organizations, benefiting a large community of gamers and game developers.
Gamers who want to support One Gamer Fund can:
- Purchase a game or bundle published by Good Shepherd Entertainment on Steam this weekend. Fifty percent of Good Shepherd’s proceeds from the sale of these titles will go to One Gamer Fund.
- Tune into Twitch, where streamers raising money for One Gamer Fund will be featured on the front page all weekend long.
- Stream on Twitch and use Tiltify to collect donations and get your stream promoted on One Gamer Fund’s social media channels.
- Dress to the nines in a One Gamer Fund shirt, available for purchase for $12.00 at The Yetee.
- Give directly via OneGamerFund.org or send donations viaPayPal to [email protected].
- Become a corporate sponsor by emailing Seven Siegel.
“Gamers are among the most generous humans on earth, raising millions of dollars a year for charity,” said Russ Pitts, co-founder and president of Take This. “One Gamer Fund is a logical and long-overdue next step in harnessing the bottomless heart of the gamer community. Seven charities combined into a Voltron of altruism. And we’re honored to be a part.”
“With One Gamer Fund, it’s never been easier to help some of the most distinguished gaming charities all at once.”
“Millions of gamers have already contributed to the individual charities One Gamer Fund supports because each of their causes are so meaningful,” says Seven Siegel, co-founder, One Gamer Fund. “With One Gamer Fund, it’s never been easier to help some of the most distinguished gaming charities all at once.”
I’ll be getting an order in for my One Gamer Fun shirt tonight!
Media personality Rob “Devar-TTY” Kalajian has been a staple in the board game world for many years. As a former writer for Purple Pawn and the owner of Devar-TTY’s Pawns Perspective, Dev now focuses mostly on video games and TTRPGs. A self-proclaimed geek, Rob loves all things toys and games and even helps raise his four kids in his spare time.