Piracy in the game industry is old news at this point, especially with cards. Piracy not only affects a companies profits, but there are also dangerous materials and a lack of chemical safety testing that go along with the manufacturing of illegal goods.
Ad Magic and Breaking Games have teamed up with De La Rue, a U.K.-based company with a 200-year history of supplying secure authentication solutions to governments and brand owners around the world. Their solution, De La Rue’s proprietary Izon® 3D photopolymer authentication labels, provides the strongest overt 3D protection solution currently available in the world for printed materials. Currently already in use by , and , the Izon® 3D photopolymer authentication labels will also be placed on millions of upcoming Ad Magic and Breaking Games titles.
The De La Rue’s labels are truely unuqie, allowing user to view 4 different side of an object printed onto Izon® photopolymer film. Multiple images can be embedded into each Izon® solution, producing depth of objects. Izon Traceology®, an optional web-based software feature, allows smartphone users to authenticate their phone’s camera. Izon® 3D Photopolymer Authentication label features include:
Izon® 3D Photopolymer Authentication label features include:
- 3D Model: Images are constructed as dimensional models in 3D space
- Two-channel Effect: As the label is tipped from left to right, the image will change
- Security Color: Text and background are different colors, with text in red
- Multi-angle Text: As the viewer tips the IZON® label 90 ̊to the right and left, the label goes “dark” but a repeated pattern of “AUTHENTIC” appears
- Serial Number: An eight-digit sequential serial number is printed on the finished IZON® label
- Security Construction: The label includes a tamper-resistant construction with adhesive and security slits that cause destruction or damage to the label upon removal
- Izon Traceology®: Web-based software feature allows smartphone users to authenticate in the cloud instantaneously using standard DROID or Apple barcode scanning apps in combination with the serialized Izon® 3D authentication labels.
The two game companies will also be using their own branded anti-theft hologram system in addition to the Izon® 3D photopolymer authentication labels. The hologram is available to any game Breaking Games manufactures.
Together, we are committed to leading the charge to combat the counterfeit market, and educating consumers on how to spot a fake game.”
“My philosophy with both Ad Magic and Breaking Games has always been to work with the best in game development – developers, manufacturers, and partners. As such, it is of the utmost importance to help protect their valuable intellectual property,” said Shari Spiro, CEO and founder of both Ad Magic and Breaking Games. “Since working with De La Rue, and using their Izon® 3D photopolymer authentication labels, we have already seen success in quelling the tabletop counterfeit industry worldwide. Together, we are committed to leading the charge to combat the counterfeit market, and educating consumers on how to spot a fake game.”
This is a pretty big step forward in protecting both companies and consumers against counterfit products. It’s a technology that I hope spreads like wildfire throughout the industry.
Media personality Rob Kalajian has been a staple in the board game world for many years. As a former writer for Purple Pawn and the owner of A Pawn’s Perspective, Rob focuses on board game reviews, events, and news. A self-proclaimed geek, Rob loves all things toys and games and even helps raise his four kids in his spare time.
Buy me a Tea