Recently, Joe Nittoly of Pasiphilo shared two sets of his latest paper minis: Barbarians and Rogues. Die-cut and double-sided with original front and back artwork, these 28mm fantasy cardstock gaming miniatures are an inexpensive and easy-to-assemble alternative to metal or plastic minis for your RPG campaigns or tabletop wargames. Just slot them into the bases provided and you’re ready to play.
In addition to six round transparent stands, the Rogue set includes:
- A female dungeon delver equipped with climbing harness, grappling hook and short sword
- A male halfling thief holding lockpicks and a compromised padlock, armed with a dagger
- A female swashbuckler in leather armour, armed with saber
- A male assassin in hood and cowl, brandishing twin daggers
- A female acrobat/tumbler in alluring garb with bracers and dagger
- A male diplomat/spy garbed in noble finery with a dagger
The Barbarian set includes:
- A duel-wielding female wild elf forest barbarian
- A male Norse/Viking style marauder with war axe and shield
- A tough but beautiful Amazon with longbow and shortsword
- A classic Conan-inspired male half-orc barbarian with maul
- A tribalistic male human plains warrior with spear
- A robust and curvy female half-orc barbarian with battleaxe
What is great about these paper minis is the unique artwork and attention to detail. The minis are double-sided, showing each figures front and back. This is a refreshing break from the typical minis displaying the same image on both sides. Additionally, each set is priced fairly reasonably, costing about $5-$10 per set. These minis come beautifully packaged and would make a great gift. I would definitely recommend these paper minis as a low-cost alternative to traditional plastic, metal, or resin minis.
Minis were provided free for review by Pasiphilo.
Frank is an attorney and family man currently based out of Las Vegas. He’s a long time gaming enthusiast with a tabletop interest in most dungeon crawlers and map strategy games. If it has dice and minis, it probably has his attention.