Rising Star Games today announced that 88 Heroes, the chaotic 2D action platform game from acclaimed development studio Bitmap Bureau, will release in March 2017. Available digitally on the PS4, PC, Mac, Linux and Xbox One, 88 Hereos is also getting a special, physical release on the PS4.
88 Heroes Key Features:
- 88 unique and original playable characters, each with their own skills and abilities that may help – or hinder! – the player.
- Hero order is randomly selected with each play, meaning players will always face a fresh and varied challenge.
- 88 levels across 4 zones to conquer, each with its own unique boss encounter.
- Multiple game modes including: Magnificent 8 mode – choose a team of just 8 heroes to tackle the entire game with; Solo mode – pick just one hero and master their skills in order to survive as long as you can.
- 2 additional heroes and 8 new levels in H8 Mode are featured exclusively to the physical boxed edition.
- Watch the action from Dr. H8’s lair as he tries to thwart your plans, drinks coffee, takes bathroom breaks and berates his accident-prone henchmen.
- More heroes incoming with DLC!
The physical version of 88 Heroes actually has 90, with two new heroes being exclusive to the release.
- Cath Letics – Her super-sprint and long jump skills are activated by hammering the action button just like in an athletics videogame of yesteryear
- The Mime – Push the action button and The Mime will perform the classic “trapped in a glass box” mime action, confusing and befuddling enemies and making them turn away.
Cath Letics, an exclusive character in PS4 box edition of 88 Heroes.
I’m really loving the overall look of this one, and can’t wait to get my hands on a copy.